Sunday 26 July 2015

Schools out for Summer

Summer on vinyl

James Bay Chaos and the Calm

Blur Parklife 

Other music I've been listening to at the moment is the britpop mix on Youtube in mainly consists of Oasis and The Verve, its one of my favourites. Last week I went shopping and was going to buy the Oasis LP vinyl, "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" but at the time I didn't know many of there songs. I've left a link to the CD version as I couldn't find the vinyl on the hmv website.










A few days after we went for a Sunday drive through the Dales and got lost. We went in convoy from a wonderful farm shop to a cheese factory in the Dales. The whole journey was on twisty country lanes, I was sat in our mini in the back with my Dad and Grandma listening to my Dad's music. I didn't really mind being lost in fact it was really quite fun we had Oasis and The Rolling Stones blaring through the speakers and were looking out the window at the sheep and rolling hills and rocky cliffs of the countryside. 

The other day our photography teacher left us with some homework to do in the holidays. The homework was to take around 20 images and present them in a way that enhances the photographs. They showed us some examples, one person presented the images on little brown tags. We were told that person got an A*, for those of you who don't know what that is well its pretty much full marks. 
So this is where you come in I will start a new page on my blog of images that I want to use but I need you to help me decide on which ones to use and give me some ideas.

Summer Plans

Things that are going on this Summer include festivals, holidays and glamping by the sea.

The festival we are going to isn't one of the coolest ones, its not like Glastonbury or Reading/Leeds. Its Carfest a festival lead by Chris Evans a popular radio host from our parents day. Never the less we have been going for the past 3/4 years ever since it started. Last year the music was great we squeezed our way to the front row to see Tom Odell perform in the rain. Scouting for Girls performed that year too but we didn't manage to get as good of a place, luckily the weather had improved though. This year the music I can't say isn't as good because I haven't been yet, its on Saturday, but the acts don't include any one that we have heard of. Well thats not true Texas of whom are performing this year, came in Carfest's early years so we have heard of them. What I mean is this year there is no one we want to get front row at or to scream their song as loud as we can. Having said this i'm sure we will have a good time. Lets just hope for good weather.

Glamping by the sea well thats post camping at the coast with my sister and Grandma. We did this last year and it was great fun, even the year before that with the whole family but that time it was in a small hamlet in the country with a little village green, a corner shop of which was not in the corner but sat quietly next to the green and a pub where we spent some of our weekend in simply because there was no where to go easily and there was not much exploring to do. Apart from evening strolls along the country roads as the sun was setting. It was jolly good fun.

Those two adventures I mentioned above start this Saturday and end on Thursday and from then on until the last week of Summer we have nothing planned.

The plans for the last week of Summer include spending most of our days wizing down the rapids and cycling everywhere we go. This final holiday happens to be the place we go every year and honestly think will never get tried of. We have been going ever since we were born. Our parents even went together with my Grandma and Grandad when they were just boyfriend and girlfriend. So its no wonder we got picked at random one afternoon whilst strolling back to our lodge to be an extra in their advert. May I just add we never did get shown instead they used a fly-over shot of the pool rather than one with us in. They never gave us a reason why but it may have been how when they said act normal my sister and I went to the area of where the camera was and whilst swimming flapped our arms in the air and just messed about really. Center parcs is where we are going for that last week.

For those of you who haven't seen my photography project, the one I just mentioned I needed a bit of help with well I shall put some of my favourites here. The may not be the best composition or anything like that because that's where you come in to help me. Just my favourites.














































Do you like my new blog template?

Joyfully Light
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Joyfully Light | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig